Sunday, November 9, 2008

Take this job and.........

I quit my job tonight. Left a message on my supervisor's answering machine telling her that Thursday would be my last day. She hasn't called me back yet. I'm tired of being on death lists and all that. I'm also tired of not getting time off whenever I want. I was not made to work. I was made to blog.

10 comments:

B-Hal said...

...and what, and WHAT!?!

Jamie said...

Amen! If only we were paid to blog. Actually I think some people are... How do I sign up for that?

"Obama won the election by lots of VOTSES"

Kevin said...

I'm glad you're heading to Butte soon. You and Jeebs will have a great time with all the pre wedding stuff, and it's always fun for her to have someone to play around with. Work is SOOO overrated.

Nicea said...

Wow! I leave you alone for 5 minutes and you get into all kinds of trouble. Mo-m-m-m-m-m! Shawn quit her j-o-obbb!

And may I say congratulations?

Shawn said...

B-hal, I would have completed the "take this job and shove it" sentence but I think out of a sense of duty and example to the younger crowd, I shouldn't use that kind of language.

Nicea said...

Where were you planning to shove it Shawn?

annie said...

auntie, do you think they'll hire me? i can telecommute from dc.

i decided i wasn't cut out to work, either.

mom - do you really want to know...?

sanceti (san-CHEH-tee), n - the delicacy resulting from two slices of bread smeared with peanut butter, jelly and potato chips.
-i'll trade you my balogna for your sanceti.
-NO WAY!

Shawn said...

Annie-I think you are too smart to work there. Plus, do you really want to get put on a death list?

I really think you should move to NY and open a reagstro and serve sancetis.

reagstro: n, a new and upcoming hangout where various sandwich type foods are served--similar to a bistro

annie said...

ah, a death list. it would be no TRABLA at all. :)

annie said...

ok seriously, i need to get some work done or i'm going to get in trabla.