Friday, September 4, 2009

I excitedly opened my book package...

...and this is what I found! If I had really been from Hong Kong to Australia, I sure don't remember it very well.

I ordered my first copy of "My Fabulous Fifties" from Blurb.com last week so you can imagine how excited I was when I went to the front porch to water my flowers and saw THE BOX.

Wrong box. Someone else's book. I took a little gander at her book and it was kinda fun. But there was not one picture of me in there.

The author appears to be a bit of a party girl and there are a couple of swear words in it that I don't care for, but other than that, I guess I could keep it and PRETEND I went from Hong Kong to Australia and that all those people pictured are my friends.

I just wish I would have enjoyed the trip a little more. I don't even remember tasting any of those alcoholic beverages and that's not really fair.

I wonder if she has my book. I wonder if she'll like it and maybe wish she were in her fifties. Probably.

I wonder if the Blurb people will give us both a discount now--they should at least refund our shipping costs. At the very, very least they better get me the right book.

Like OVERNIGHT!


5 comments:

Brittani said...

hahaha. the situation isnt funny- but the way you write about it is hysterical!

Jana Brookes said...

looks like you got one of mom's books mixed up with yours. (minus the drinking, of course)
hope you get your book soon, and it should definitely be overnighted!! you were expecting it for a while and now it's going to be even later. nothing is worse.

abbyjane said...

it's okay. Most people that drink alcoholic beverages don't remember tasting them either...

Nicea said...

Bummer, Dude.

Good point, Abby.

annie said...

our family is hilarious. :D auntie, i hope your book comes soon! also, i'm telling the bishop on you.