Monday, September 14, 2009

I feel the need to post something......anything

I just don't know what to say. I have a lot of things I'd LIKE to say but they might sound whiney or complainy. Or maybe even mean. And we don't want that now, do we?

Sometimes I like to try to say something funny but nothing's really coming down that lane either.

Can a person blog about nothing? If it's my blog I guess I can do whatever I want.

Plus, I'm 52 which also entitles me to do whatever I want. Or so I've heard. I don't know if it's true. Maybe you have to wear a red hat or a purple outfit. It doesn't really matter anyway because in reality, I don't do whatever I want. Except sometimes.

I still do a lot of what I should. Not everything. But maybe too much. I know I need to lighten up a little--especially in my head.

Today I did some things I should do, which caused me to postpone some things I needed to do, which caused me some anxiety, so tonight I blew everything else off and did something I wanted to do.

I went out with the girls after tap class and I vented. And then we laughed and laughed. And laughed some more. And ate our hot fudge sundaes, with peanuts. For good health.

Thank heaven for friends who get it. And who get me. And who still love me.

Well, they say they do. And tonight I choose to believe them.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I still love you too! And you can always believe me!

annie said...

cue whitney... and iiiiiiiiiiii-iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii wiiii-iiiillll alwaaaaayyyyyyys loooooooove youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Beth at Aunties said...

I too like, just who YOU are... and think you are a bit of wonderful!

Shawn said...

Hey, Annie. I was just listening to that song this morning--not 10 minutes ago!!!!!!!

Thanks, guys. It must've sounded like I was fishing--I really wasn't but thanks for the kind words.

Nicea said...

Call me! Did you notice I don't call too good?

Im a englesh techr. I dont spik too good ether.

I know, I know! I'm supposed to call you for your birthday but you're always out tap dancing or something. Or still in bed when I leave for school. Or at the temple at the cracka don. I dont spill too good ether.

Sherry Carpet said...

i find the idea of tap lessons fun enough for a blog post all of its own. please let's hear more about that!

abbyjane said...

YOU DO NOT TAKE TAP CLASSES! Oh my goodness. I am in love. with you. and the image in my head. of you. tap dancing. its a good one and i am in love with you.