Friday, January 15, 2010

hen-a-licious week

Hen parties galore this week.

Hen party #1--watching an episode of the BBC miniseries "Return to Cranford" with Jackie, Anna and Elizabeth. Felt just a little naughty getting together on a Sunday night after the young moms had put their kids to bed. But it had to be done. The British ox was in the mire.

Hen party #2--visiting the sick with Kris and Anna. RS duty--not really a party, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Hen party #3--visiting teaching with Michele--only one of our three appointments actually worked out so we had to get ice cream to drown our sorrows for being stood up. The Elders should try this.

Hen party #4--dinner at Chevys with Teresa, Rebecca and another Anna. There's nothing quite like venting over chips and salsa. The Elders should try this too.

Hen party #5--Greg getting hen-like tonight and watching "Bride Wars" and eating mounds of caramel popcorn with me. I wept. It was either a touching movie or I was stressed about the calories. I'm not sure. But it had to be done.

My friends were big time awesome this week. And I can always count on Greg when they aren't around.

He's a good little rooster.

9 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

greg getting hen! nice!
and chips and salsa at chevy's are my favorite. so sad it closed down out here :(
sounds like you had a great week w/friends!!

Jaime Escalante said...

You sure know how to have a good time. Mmmmm, caramel popcorn!

Nicea said...

GIT YER HEN ON! Thanks, I'd been searching for a 2010 motto. Think I found it. Now, to work on the rooster.

Love your posts.

Shawn said...

Love the motto, Neesh. Can we share it?

Jana, come out here and let's salsa. (and chips)

Jamie, maybe we can make some cp together soon.

Nicea said...

I should be asking you since you're the inspiration. So, yeah, let's share it.

Nicea said...

I should add that I was also inspired to get a bean and cheese burrito from Mama Chu's just now. And chips and salsa. They are right here en frente de mi ahora mismo! Mmmmm, duhlishus.

Carol Joy said...

Awesome, I love it. Aw, Return to Cranford, so glad you're watching it. I decided to wait for my dvd to come in the mail, especially since I don't have TV. I hope and recommend you also watching the new 2009 Emma that plays on PBS the 24th, 31st and 7th of February! ;) I've already watched that one 3 times through the wonder of youtube...

annie said...

"he's a good little rooster"

haha! love it.

you are too funny. when are the hens coming to dc again? :D

ecelaya said...

It was def the popcorn because that movie wasn't that touching. Trying to think of one that was. Okay, it is just me.