Sunday, August 8, 2010

Your honor, I submit that money CAN buy happiness




If not so, then explain to me why I was so HAPPY sitting on my couch last night surreptitiously glancing over every so often at this new little number that was mysteriously (or not so) delivered to my makeover-madness kitchen while I was out and about yesterday.

I think my hubby must have decided I needed to see SOMETHING finished in the kitchen, which has now been torn apart for more than 5 months. So when he said, "Let's go look at appliances," followed by, "Should we get it?", I was all over that. And it even has Loren's initials on it, which I took as a sign from heaven that it belongs in my house.

My hubby is building some new cabinets with his bare hands. He is a scientist, not a cabinetmaker. He is doing a great job. HOWEVER, it is taking many a long hour. He sees it as meticulous, I see it as slow and painful.

Our kitchen will be gorgeous when it is all done. Until then, this little LG is helping to spread around a measure of joy until that day (or year) arrives.

Yes, money can buy happiness. At least for a minute or two.

7 comments:

Meg said...

Oooooh, shiny! Love it! Tom got us some stainless steal pots and pans for Christmas this year and I felt the same way about them. I didn't want to use them they were so pretty :)
Good luck with the cabinets Greg!

Kevin said...

So, what is the chocolate milk holding capacity on that bad boy?

annie said...

this post made me laugh. all the way through. i think money can buy a bit o happiness, too. usually in the form of ice cream, though. maybe if i ever have my own place, i'll find happiness in shiny appliances. until then, i'll admire yours.

Jana Brookes said...

Nice fridge!! That is hopefully our next big purchase with tax returns. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Jamie said...

Mikey is excited to see his reflection in that beauty... only 4 more days!!!

Nicea said...

She's a beauty, all right! I'm still happy with my new fridge that money bought and it's already three years old. Or is it two? I'm just so happy I've lost all track of time!

Chelan said...

What a beautiful fridge!