Monday, January 2, 2012

the time has come

The time has come to thank all in-law types, children, and sisters for helping me feel a little less vagabondish during my vagabond months.

The time has come to thank Fred & Nicea, Kevin & Jamie, Liz & Duncan, and Autumn & Tanner for giving me space in their homes to rest my weary mind and body. Thank you for cooking and cleaning for me. Thank you for shopping and playing with me. Thank you for giving me two great Christmases and a fun Thanksgiving. Thank you for letting me store stuff at your houses. Thank you for opening your hearts and homes and the presents I gave you. If you didn't get a present from me, thank you for not complaining....out loud.

The time has come to thank Loren for putting up with not having his own home to go to, to thank Coy and Scott for opening their home for him this next semester, and to thank Scott for giving him a job.

The time has come to thank Jill for liking Loren and to thank Jill's dad for saying yes. Let's hope Jill does.

The time has come to wrap up my 2011 posts with a pictorial memorial of the last 2.5 months.

Kevin and Jamie preparing our Thanksgiving dinner

baby Ginny (born October 8th) in her Christmas hat

our first Christmas (in Grand Junction) with all three grandkids and their parents



Mikey and Mya

"Hey Grandma! What the heck?!"

rub a dub dub, cousins in the tub

Duncan and Mya at temple square

Mya and me

Mikey helping with the decorating

random group of women at Gardner Village Midnight Madness

Jill and Loren

our 2nd Christmas (in Georgia)--Rosa's Christmas tree



Tanner with Autumn's brother, Darryl

Rosa, Autumn's mom, and me



Tanner and Autumn's cute, southern, Christmasy front door

A Charlie Brown Christmas, handmade by Tanner and Autumn, in their front yard

Christmas Eve at Tanner and Autumn's home

Autumn roasting marshmallow over our crackling, computer fire





random group of women winding down in Orem

and Shade, the granddog



And now the time has come to go back to Brazil.











































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is making me cry. Literally. I'm at my school, ostensibly to prepare for tomorrow, but am completely unmotivated and in a funk. I love Autumn and Tanner's front door and their Charlie Brown Christmas. I I love the photo of you and Rosa. And what I can see of Rosa's house. I love the random women. All of them. (The picture of them winding down in Orem didn't come through. Was it censored?) I love that you could stay at our house over and over and I hope you will still want to stay again sometimes. (Living with us for any period of time seems to make people want to stay away.) I wish I were as fun as you and took pictures then posted them on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I have to go look up "ostensibly" to see if I used it right.

Beth at Aunties said...

I also fogged up seeing all your pictures-loving those within and feeling the memory making moments you enjoyed. I am sure those whom you stayed with,and somehow think they feel they were the ones most blessed.
Loren asked the big question???
I also thought Autumn's door and Charlie Brown Christmas was charming. Have a safe journey back to that cozy apartment and I hope the time goes by quickly for you.
I think you are a terrific lady!

Jana Brookes said...

Beautiful family Shawn! Every single one of them! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for your happy new year card. I am so happy you got to have two wonderful Christmases and there are so many exciting things coming, it sounds like! I love the picture of the ladies winding down in Orem! Ha ha! Hope your going to start the 2 Brazil nuts blog back up again! Love ya so much Auntie!