Wednesday, November 5, 2008

good for what ails ya


Here is the requested recipe for No Bake Cookies:
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
2-3 T. cocoa
Stir until mixed (in saucepan). Add 1 cube butter (or margarine) and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 t. vanilla and 3 cups oatmeal (I always add quite a bit more oatmeal than this--just until they are spoonable onto wax paper). Then spoon them onto wax paper.
I do these in the microwave now because I love everything to be as instant as possible. I'm so lame that way. Anyway, they don't always turn out the same but we always love them because what's not to love?
As Joey Tribiani would say: butter....gooooooood, sugar....gooooooood, cocoa....gooooooood
This last batch turned out a little too sugary and I probably put too much oatmeal in them but still I do not stop munching on them, even as I type.

8 comments:

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

Oh my gosh you finally gave out your famous, most secret recipe...Tanner has told me about these cookies several times and told me I need this recipe. Now I have it. I love cookies that can heal you. I need some now!

Shawn said...

These are Tanner's favorite, you know. Get on it, Autie.

richard dandelion said...

How you doin'? :-)

annie said...

i completely agree with joey! ps is this the same recipe that my mom has?

Shawn said...

I think this is from an old cookbook from the Toppenish Ward I grew up in. I could never find my mom's recipe. I think they are all fairly similar though.

Meg said...

Sweeeet! Thanks Aunt Shawn! I love that you quoted Joey, that is one of my favorite Joey lines, that, and RD's.

TerriRuth said...

WARNING!!! I gained A LOT of weight because of these EVIL cookies! I made them atleast once a week for about a year after I had Jacob!!! They are very dangerous!

Shawn said...

So what's the matter with a little weight gain???????? As long as it tastes good.