Sunday, November 30, 2008

We got outta Butte...

...but we have to go back. Oh well.

It's been a whirlwind weekend meeting up with lots of family and friends for Jamie's first trip through the temple (Logan) and her wedding shower (thanks a bunch Cheryl). Less than a week now until the wedding and I'm betting ONE MILLION DOLLARS that it's really gonna happen. Kevin and Jamie seem to really like each other.

Poor Kevin has board exams this week. Can you imagine that--right before his wedding? Bless his Jamie-lovin' soul.

We leave again for Beautiful Butte tomorrow so Jamie can put in three more days of work. I have one day of wedding favor putting together stuff to do. We come back to Logan on Thursday evening, to SLC on Friday to stay in the Marriott by temple square (Greg wracked up so many points being back east for two months that we got 2 free hotel rooms--cool, huh?). Loren flies in on Friday too so the whole fam will be together and at the wedding. Doesn't really get much better than that I don't think. I'll take it.

WISH YOU ALL COULD BE THERE TOO! But I'm pretty sure we have representation from all families both Stimpson and Glenn and that is fabulous.

Muchas gracias to Tanner and Autumn and Nicea and Fred for also opening up their homes as free hotel rooms. I think many of you have experienced the Gedicks Marriott yourselves. Not as many of you have experienced the Glenn Almost Comfort Inn in Logan. And Nicea is even doing a giveaway (see her blog for details). I love a good contest and I really hope to win. I may pay her $20 to make sure I win the $10 because I get pretty cranky when I lose. Just ask anyone I've ever been with at any baby/wedding shower. A lot of times the hostess buys an extra prize and gives it to me just so I won't ruin the shower.

I'm pretty happy today because we get to have dinner here at the Gedickses with Bren and Teresa and Kaitlyn, and Fred is cooking. What a guy! Free food AND lodging.

And that's all for now...because tomorrow I head back to my primitive living conditions in Butte where I have to walk 7 minutes uphill to use a computer.

9 comments:

Nicea said...

Shawn, you FUNNY. And that's BEFORE breakfast!

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

What! our ALMOST comfort inn. Alright...I see how it is. Oh did you say you and jamie needed to spend the night on sunday? I didnt actually put that into my computer as a reservation and your room has already been booked. MMMuuuuwahahahah! jk. I still love you!

Kevin said...

I would put more than 1,000,000 on it! What a great weekend, and it's only going to get better next weekend. Only 3 days in Butte for you!

Jana Brookes said...

Yeah, I'm guessing you be safe betting more than a million that it's going to happen. There didn't look like any doubting going on in that reception room. Mostly just hugs and kisses!
I was so fun to see you and meet different people there! Good luck finding a replacement hotel for the night you stay in Logan. Looks like there is no room in their inn!
You could stay at the Brookes Cozy Shack Hotel, on the same bed with Mom and Annie! Logan probably would let you take her mattress on the floor and NOT wake you up like the new grandchild of yours might!!
J/K! We are excited to see you and your family saturday!

Beth at Aunties said...

Opps! I forgot to buy that extra door prize for you Shawn...:-) I do have a few wedding gifts here though--maybe we each can take our pick?;)
It was a great weekend and we are looking forward to a even better one coming up in just 5 days.

Sherry Carpet said...

gettin' so close to the beeg day. where is your cute butte-head registered?

Kevin said...

proudly registered at REI.com and JCPenny.com

I can't wait for the next two days to pass so I can get back on that plane! Time to get back to the books......

annie said...

i love that you're registered at rei. you both rock. and good luck on your boards, kevin!

nonding - people who are not dingbats. jamie and kevin are nondingers.

Nicea said...

Jana - love the Brookes Cozy Shack Hotel.

Annie - you gotta put your WVs on the contest blog post

Shawn and Jamie - you got outa Butte again today. WAHOO! How many times can one GET outa Butte anyway?

Sherry - butte head--funny!

Princess C. - Telling your inlaws, "No room for you!" Ah, sweet revenge. And funny.

Kevin - Hope you have a nice flight and that your exams went well.

beth at aunties - you really need to get Shawn a door prize sometime before the actual wedding. It's for the common good. :}