Remember this picture from last winter when I started my kitchen remodeling project and I was so excited? Guess what? Nothing has changed since then in this room. (Except it's cleaner.)
Now Greg and I are serious about getting this done. I think. I'm hoping that since he is on board this time it will really happen. We've been trying to make decisions but it's dang hard. When you know you are choosing something that you will have to live with for a long time, and you know you want to stay within a certain budget, it's tough.
I know what you're thinking. Waa waa waa waa waa. Cry me a river.
Do we get new cabinets or paint the old ones? Do we do solid surface counter tops or save money and go with tile? What colors, what kinds? About the only thing I know I want is this gorgeous tile I found (last winter) for the floor. But I can't find the card that I wrote the color and style on. Oh well, a whole year has passed so I probably don't like it anymore anyway.
I have so many tastes and I like so many things. I don't want to pick something I will tire of easily because I'm pretty sure Greg won't be pleased with, "Honey, I don't like this counter top. Will you rip it out and start over please?" Even if I wait until next year to say it.
Life is so hard.
6 comments:
can't wait to see the updates!
I'm sure you guys will choose something mighty schnazzy in the end. I'm excited to see the new kitchen too!
Shawnie, my friend, I would love to help you make some decisions. I believe in going with classic colors and styles so you don't tire of them and then adding color in your paint or accessories with items that are hot and fresh now. We just did a kitchen remodel where I helped to make a lot of the design choices and we painted teh oak cabinets an off-white and glazed them with a walnut color. They didn't have money to change out their appliances (which were black) right off the bat, so the walnut glaze tied into the black appliances perfectly.
Call me if you want help. And I definitely say...solid surface or large granite tiles with very small grout lines (come see mine)!
Good luck and have fun.
OH!! That sounds like a fun project!! I want to help! I just found out that I won't be able to come visit teach you anymore. :( I'm rather sad about it. See you Sunday!
I can't wait to see the finished product, which, if it isn't finished by the time you read this, will be finished by noon on Monday, right? It's how you roll.
Your friend April's advice sounds good to me. That's what Susan does, too.
I was going to tease you about what a hard life you have, but then I thought to myself, "Wait a second. I'm in Hawaii! Her life really is hard." :) Judging by the rest of your house, that kitchen will, without a doubt, look amazing by the time you're done with it!
Post a Comment