
We sat down to watch the BBC miniseries North and South last night and my hubby (affectionately named "clueless") put in the first of two dvds. Watching, I'm thinking to myself, "Boy, if I hadn't read part of this book, I would be a bit lost. Greg is probably having a hard time following this."
Occasionally, I am a good wife so I gave him the option, if he happened to be bored, of leaving me to enjoy my recent BBC addiction all alone.
He bolted.
After the first two episodes, it became clear to me that I had just seen the ending.
Clueless had put in the wrong dvd.
I should have figured it out sooner, I suppose.
Clueless squared.
10 comments:
Too Funny!
BTW- My Mom told me that you're going all do-it-yourself in the kitchen and I am so proud of you! Save those pennies and paint yourself (the test cabinets are AMAZING!) Also, I'm not sad about the doors- I just wanted to make sure they didn't end up in the trash! :o)
Lol, literally, I am. That's great. I can beat that. I lent the movie to an English teacher who also loves Austen/period piece stuff, and she brought it back to me and said how much she loved it.
So I excitedly started talking about the ending, but it was very apparent that she had not seen the ending! Turns out, she popped in the correct disc, but when the credits came on for episode one, she thought she'd watched both, somehow. So the popped in the 2nd disc and watched episode 3, thinking again those credits were the end. So she didn't even watch two consecutive episodes. I sent it back home with her, and she sorta got straightened out.
Consequently, she loved it. As do all true Gaskell converts. Sigh. It's my favorite! There are days I love it more than P&P (did I just say that out loud? (No really I did.))
I read magazines backwards. Is that sort of the same? I guess you can watch it the right way now and see if it's the same! You might want to put the dvd's in yourself from now on though :)!
The ending is the best part! I watched it about ten times in a row until Roger finally asked what I was doing...then I ssshhed him and watched it a couple more times and threatened to make him watch it too: )
hahaa. that made me laugh
All you guys need is the third stooge. Where did he go?
hee hee heeee.
That is so funny! I couldn't understand why it was so hard to understand...
I loved it from the first to the end!:)
It's Mikey Countdown and we are all stoked!:*}
Dear Clueless Squared - I totally missed this entire post! In fact, if you hadn't said something in your email that I read this morning, I would still have missed it. I don't know how that happened because I so look forward to your posts. So here I am to comment. Comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment, comment.
You just can't shut me up now.
You need to come here.
You and Greg need help. Just sayin'.
P.S. I think I'll get the BBC North and South series and we can watch it tonight for Valentine's Day celebration. We're celebrating early because we're old and we don't want to fight the crowds on Saturday night.
i blame north and south for my breakup with winter. it was one of our snowpocalypse movies and it sent me over the edge.
Post a Comment