Friday, May 14, 2010

bedroom spring facelift + new toy = fun

I didn't know I wanted a kindle until I saw one at church. It was a sign. So I convinced that other nice fellow who lives here that he should let me get one as a belated MD gift and he did. 3 cheers for him!

But before that...I redecorated my bedroom. My dearly beloved came home and said,

"Now that's a clock I can SEE!"

Then I just wanted to hang out there for a few days

because it was new-ish and clean.

The white pillowcases for the lower pillows had not come out of the wash yet when these pictures were taken, but they're on there now. I promise.

This lazy boy recliner is older than Loren by one day, which
means it is 21+ years old.
It shows when you're up close. But still comfortable.



7 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

bedroom looks cute! you and your sisters are all such wonderful decorators. maybe it's cause you have $. that always helps!!
fun new md present. such a nice man that lives with you to let you get one!

Meg said...

Love the new room, looks like it is a photo from a home magazine! I love fresh, new bedding. I also love that you are reading Emma. I just finished it and am on Pride and Prejudice now, though I have seen the movies for both a hundred times!

Nicea said...

Move over HGTV. Sooooooooooooo pretty! You amaze me. Plus, your room looks so big. You have big stuff in there and still have room to walk around. I'm duly impressed.

My jury's still out on the Kindle, though because I still like the feel of books and paper. I know. I know. You did, too. But you always "get it" long before I do, so maybe sometime I'll come around.

Megara: I like that she's reading Emma, too. I've also read Pride and Prejudice. Loved 'em both. What else did Jane Austen write that I've read? Can't remember right now.

Nicea said...

Please put a comma after though. It's bugging me. I'm sorry, I can't help it.

JCW said...

Ok I love you sense of style. I love the colors, clean lines, no clutter, the beadboard wall...can I just be you?

Sherry Carpet said...

it all looks so very clean and fresh. and good move on the clock! we're sorely lacking in clocks over here. are you always on time now? me too. only never.

abbyjane said...

i wouldn't have noticed the pillowcase-less pillows if hadn't mentioned them. my mother probably would've, but not me. and i like you're birdie by your clock. :) i want to find me an owl.