Wednesday, July 7, 2010

out of retirement


and back behind a desk


Call me a liar if I don't look just like this lady at my new job. I have entered chapter four hundred and ninety two of my life by going from zero PAID working hours to twenty PAID working hours per week. Why? Who knows?

I think I was tired of cleaning my own house. So maybe now I will hire it done.

Or it could be that I just like change.

Anywho, my new boss is attorney Anthony Celaya at AmCan Law and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want me using the word "anywho" with his clients so I probably won't. His new law office is the first to open its doors in American Canyon. He does wills and trusts. I do his paperwork, errands, bookkeeping, etc. He called me on a Wednesday. I was working by that Friday.

Of course I had to let him know up front that I have a tendency to fly the coop rather frequently. So far so good. I took 3 days off after my first 4 days of work.

Hey. It was preplanned, ok?

6 comments:

Beth at Aunties said...

Good for you. We have been up to our ears in wills and trusts lately:) It is serious stuff!
Just remember you need to fly to coup every month or so and hire that maid! I enjoy mine:)

Nicea said...

What Cheryl said. Ditto. I'm all about maids and flying. Mostly maids.

Nicea said...

P.S. You were smart to establish a precedent: four days work, three days off, four days work, three days off (not including weekends and holidays).

Crystal said...

That is so fun! Very cool that the Celaya's opened their own bussiness. Hope everything is going well :) Miss you!
Crystal

annie said...

if he ever goes to trial...RUN

Cathy said...

Sweet-when can we go to lunch!! Isn't that what we working women do every day around noon??