Friday, October 8, 2010

monotony busted wide open

Today I decided Greg and I needed to go on a real date, rather than our regular Friday date which usually starts with the question, "Mexican or Wing Stop?".


For anyone who thinks that nothing good comes from tv, here is one reason why you might be wrong, other than the fact that I say you are.

During my morning routine which I shall call "TV Briefing While Having My Cereal", I was informed that it is Fleet Week in San Francisco. "Holy cow!" thought I. "Wouldn't that be fun?" Quickly I flipped open my laptop and googled Fleet Week to find out that those US Navy flying guys would be practicing for the air show this afternoon before actually performing on Saturday and Sunday. The flying guys include THE BLUE ANGELS whom I love with all my heart.

A few hours later, Greg and I were on the Bay Area Rapid Transit headed to the city where we had lunch and enjoyed us some good ol' triple A-----Amazing Aeronautical Acrobatics. We even got a window seat at the diner and were able to view some of it from there as we downed our burgers and sipped our DCs. The weather was perfect and our afternoon beat the hey diddle diddle out of our normal Friday night monotonous monotony. Have a look, won't you please? Be advised that it was way better in person. Also be advised that this date helped me feel better that my sisters are BOTH in Europe and I'M NOT. But I'm happy for them. Really I am.













3 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

Both of your sisters such MEANIES!!!! For leaving us, right?! Well, the air show still looks like a blast, and fun to have a date out of the norm. I'd settle for a norm date at this point though. Since I haven't been on one since FEBRUARY!! Yep. That's right. I figure I am guaranteed on next month for our 10 year anniversary!

Jana Brookes said...

Both of your sisters ARE such MEANIES!!!! (that's what I was trying to say!)

annie said...

i know! everybody's goin to italy and nobody's takin me with them! rude. so so rude.

but wooohoooo! for bustin monotony wide open!