The first night I made manicotti and it was dang good except that the onions weren't cooked completely and were a little crunchy which, incredibly, did not stop my supposedly onion-hating husband from having three helpings.
I would say that speaks for itself, wouldn't you?
Below is my first attempt at chicken cacciatore. May I just say that the sauce was AMAZING? I'm not going to tell you what the secret ingredient was (white cooking wine) but did I mention that the sauce was AMAZING? I need to do a better job on the chicken next time--it was a little less than tender and would be unacceptable for the Food Network and the Cooking Channel, two of my new best friends.
My hubby is ecstatically happy but is trying to remain low key lest he jinx this new turn of events. He's been sleeping with his fingers crossed though so that says something.
5 comments:
Looks yummy, Mom! You are so going to be the next Food Network star.
my husband knows to NEVER comment on how strange it is when I cook. He knows to appreciate it while it lasts.
I PREDICTED THIS! REMEMBER??? I SAID, "I PREDICT THIS." Well, that's not a direct quote but I told you I couldn't see you not cooking for the rest of your life and that I thought you'd get into food big time, like you got into making cards and blogging and other things. Remember? Say it out loud so everybody know I PREDICTED THIS! Say it please. Now, could you predict something about me, please? Because I want to be just like you but I never made cards and my blogging fizzled. Abd food is out of the question at the moment (as I put away my last bite of Mama Chu's awesome bean and cheese burrito while I type).
K. I'm done.
Oh, and your food looks dang good. Even the photo is fabulous!
Sleeping with his fingers crossed! Ha ha! It looks so yummy! Make it for me next time we are there, okay?
Yum, I want some!
Post a Comment