Wednesday, September 19, 2012

News of late....and not so late


Recently I had some friends over to visit with Anna and Ella who came to visit from Washington where they moved last summer while I was away in Brazil.  Sneaky little devils.  Actually that's why I went to Brazil so I wouldn't have to witness the move and consequently flood the streets of Vallejo with my tears. I love these ladies.  Unfortunately, I started taking pictures a little too late so not everyone made it into the pictures but here are some of us on my couch.

The picture was taken with my new iPHONE, WHICH I LOVE!  It's only an iPhone 4 but it was an upgrade from my dumb phone so, in my opinion, IT'S ALL THAT and then some.

Also new are my glasses which are not just for reading anymore.  They are progressive lenses and I'm finally getting used to them after a few months.

One last "also new" are the windows with the white grids you see way in the back of the picture.  Greg has been so busy putting in new ones all by himself and the house is looking so much better.  What a guy!  Here are some better pictures.  The living room was torn up for several weeks while he was working, as was the front porch.  All that's left is painting the trim inside and out, and then next year he will finish the last five windows upstairs.


 He made these great, wide windowsills for me too, which I love.  Now I just need to paint them....and I should probably also remove the price stickers from the back of the white bench I purchased for the front yard five months ago.

Last weekend I went to Time Out for Women in Sacramento and stayed a night with these friends from Napa.  We worked together in the stake back in the day and at YW camp.  They are a lot of fun and we had a great weekend except for the fact that somehow I came away from there signed up to be a consultant for Shelf Reliance.  What the heck?!  It's almost like it happened without me even knowing it!

  And, in not so recent news, here are a few pictures of Mikey and Ginnie who visited back in July shortly after Mya left and whom I miss terribly.  And speaking of Mya, we had our first "face time" experience with her last Sunday and it was so cute and fun!  She recognized me!  Did I mention I love my iPhone?







And in the most recent news of all, it's 2 pm and I'm still in my pjs.  I might just stay that way all day.  Haven't decided yet.  Oh yeah....and I had cereal for breakfast.  And then again for lunch.

5 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

Love your new windows! Very pretty! Funny that you are now a shelf reliance consultant....sneaky buggers, huh? I love those pics of the grand kiddos! Also I love your hair getting longer, i don't remember ever seeing it so long. Looks great! Thanks for blogging :) miss you!

Meg said...

The windows look fantabulous! What a great guy you have :) Those kiddos are getting so big and so darn cute!

annie said...

i hope you have cereal for dinner, too. or mexican food. if you have mexican food, eat some extra for me ok?

Nicea said...

I've mmissed your blogs. And everyone else's for that matter, partly because since I wasn't blogging I figured no one else was either. Dang tunnel vision! But, I digress. Your new windows look awesome, as do some other secret decorating improvements in your house that sneaked into the photos unmentioned. Can't wait to bisit dju at Thanksgiving.
Cute grandkids, too. And how is it that you are passing me up in numbers of GKs? Huh? Huh?

Jamie said...

I never saw this post before! The living room windows look AWESOME. I'm glad you got to have fun with girlfriends too.