Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Friends, glorious friends

Awhile back I decided that a girls' overnighter really needed to happen.  It had been way too long.  Luckily for us, the big wigs from Salt Lake City (auxiliary leaders) gave us the perfect excuse.  They came to Santa Rosa to meet with us so we, as a Stake Relief Society Presidency, took advantage of their kindness and planned an overnighter for after the meeting.

As the time approached, I began scheming.  Why just one night? If I stay two nights, coupled with the two nights Greg and I spent at a hotel in Ukiah a month or so ago, that would qualify us for a free night in the future. Gotta be done.

And so it was.  Teresa Holbrook spent the first night with me and we had shopping, eating and resting fun.   It's always a party when she's around!
The next day Teresa left and I met my other ladies, Lyn, Georgia and Mardel, at the meeting.  We made our first (of one) music video in the hotel that night.  It's an ad for our Stake RS temple day.  We're kinda goofy (blonde?) but we have fun and love serving together.  




Here's a still shot of my ladies.  Left to right:  Mardel, Lyn, Georgia (and my arm, earring and hair :)

I came home feeling a little older than I feel like I should, but oh well.  I was really tired.  And I AM getting a little bit old. Oh yeah, and I gave blood last week and I was already borderline on my iron and barely had enough to donate.  Maybe that had something to do with it.  But the sleepovers were dang fun and more than worth it.  Love my lady friends!  

1 comment:

Marie Winters Adams said...

Haha....Love this, Shawn.
I feel your sister-hood...:) I've
been blessed to serve in a couple Stake Presidencies like this....lot's of fun! Marie