Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Someone's engaged!


Not Duncan. Yet. But have you all heard that this cutie patootie is getting married in the Sacramento Temple on June 6th? Yea Andrea!
The date is important for two reasons:
  1. It is G&G Stimpson's anniversary
  2. It is the 1st day of the Stimpson reunion in WA

So, this is the question: Should we start the reunion on the 7th instead and have it be June 7th - 10th? That would still give us two full days at the ranch plus a travel day on each end.

Or, should we keep it as is and just have those who will be attending the wedding be a day late?

Awaiting opinions.

(mostly I'm just trying to see who still reads my blog--just kidding--sort of)

13 comments:

Lola said...

Yay! congrats to andrea! i totally thought is was duncan, you had me completely fooled. now that she's getting married, she HAS to start a blog, i'm pretty sure it's a rule. someone tell her, k?

Coy Sue said...

I read your blog but I think I'm too biased to vote. Yes, yay,
Andrea and guess what he passes the height requirement at 6'7" (she's 5'10").

It will be an event not to be missed as Scott and I are going to be the band at the reception. He's taking piano lessions and I got a guitar for Christmas. She's already booked us. That's fine with me because I'd way rather be the band than mother of the bride - I better get going on my lessions. So vote everyone but I'm not gonna!

Nicea said...

I don't know which way to vote until I look at my school calendar which is (you guessed it) at school. (I can't even email someone at school to look at it for me because the school computers are down, which is why I'm home this early in the first place.) I'm taking a graduate class that began last semester and finishes later this semester which has one day during the summer, sometime in June, required in order to receive credit. (It's some sort of one-on-one collaboration with BYU ESL people.) I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Yay Andrea!!! Like Lola, I thought it was going to be Duncan. Is there a particular reason she's having her wedding on that exact day? The reunion dates have been planned for many months. I'd love to go to both. (Maybe she doesn't want all of us relatives at her wedding, 'cuz you know relatives! Some people avoid 'em at all costs. Ha.)

Nicea said...

P.S. That really is a beautiful photo, Shawn. So, when are you coming back up here again?

WV - 1. n. the sound a person hears in his/her head when he/she finally makes the correct decision or comes to the right conclusion about something. 2. expletive.

Nicea said...

Ooops, I forgot the word for the previous comment:

shing

abbyjane said...

start a day late. I don't anyone to miss any reunion fun, nor do I want to miss out on this wedding--if I so happen to be invited as I did not even know she had a signinficant other...I'll slap myself on the hand.

Aunt Coy--you might want to get a deposit, you know what happened to Pheobe, don't you?

Shawn said...

Maybe we should change the location of the reunion and have it in California and the wedding could be part of it? Does that sound good to anyone?? Anyone??

BTW, the fiance's name is Bill.

Nicea said...

So is Andrea going to be Andrea Bill or does this fiance have a last name too?

Shawn said...

He definitely has a last name if I remember correctly but I can't remember it...correctly or incorrectly.

Jana Brookes said...

Okay kids, I say no moving the reunion to CA. Cause then G&G couldn't come. I guess just starting it on the 7th would be my vote, but I also don't want only a few day reunion like sunriver. I swore I would never drive that far again for just that small amount of time. I'm torn. I guess the three aunties should just decide?! Since the three aunties are probably the ones putting in most of the work for wedding and reunion.

Bill has the last name of Simmons for those of you wondering. And yes, Andrea says they will name a boy Richard if they ever have one!! :)

Jana Brookes said...

I know, I know, I was no help!

Jana Brookes said...

comment killer!

Jamie said...

Comment resurrector.

I think starting the reunion on the 7th is a good idea, and I still vote for it to be in Washington, mostly because I want to see Grandma and Grandpa again. Plus, that ranch is a pretty cool hangout with lots of fun stuff for kids and adults who like to think they're still kids to do.

Yay for Annie! I hope their future son Richard has a curly afro. It would be perfect! I'm gonna buy him extra short shorts as a baby gift.

WV: sticks. <-- come on, who can be creative with that one??