Friday Greg and I went to a movie and I finally figured out why we don't go that often anymore. I thought I was just getting lazy. But NO! It's the DVR. And the thermostat. And the bathrooms.
I can't control anything at the theatre.
I can't pause the movie if I need to use the little girl's room or if I need a snack. I have to leave the movie and try to hurry back and then I don't know what I missed.
And I can't adjust the heat or wrap up in a quilt like I do on my couch. Even in the summer it's too cold in those theatres.
Besides the big screen, there IS one good thing about a theatre. If you're seeing a comedy, and there's a good laugher in the audience, that is way fun. Nothing beats a good laugher.
But for the most part, I'm sticking with my DVR, my quilt and my thermostat. Maybe I can get Greg to work on his laugh.
9 comments:
Maybe the DVR is something to look forward to when my kids get older. Right now, we're just the opposite. Gib and I go to the movies almost every week. (VERY EXPENSIVE!) but at least my kids aren't there to bug me. You should go to the movies like they do in Utah, just bring your quilt with. We see it every time!
I also like the control of the thermostat at home, and being able to pause the tv for a snack or going to the bathroom. There is just something about being able to watch a movie in the comfort of your own home.
Once in a while James and I just want to get away from the kids though, but you are right about the audience helping out with laughter during the funny parts of a movie.
You get working on Greg's laugh, will ya? J/K! :)
Jaime and I went to the movies on saturday, and she mentioned that she had to use the facilities at the beginning of the movie, but didn't want to miss anything so she suffered for two hours. DVR=end to needless suffering. Plus you can rewind the really cool scenes!
I like to consider myself a good laugher when I go to the movies. At least my friends say I am. So moral of that comment: Carol in audience=good movie ambience. ;) Hehe. I joke. But on a more serious note, whoever invented DVR is a genius and should be a bajillionaire by now...haha.
So after gilbert and I went to the movies....AGAIN last night, I told him we need to get a DVR. I figured that the cost of the DVR will be much cheaper than going to the movies once a week. Also, I won't buy so much junk food at the theatre. My Wii is so mad at me this morning. :o)
What's a DVR?
A DVR is what I've been telling you that you need to get now that you actually have some tv channels. It makes recording so easy and you can pause the tv anytime you want--yes, LIVE tv! Once you have it you wonder how you did without it. Kind of like a microwave.
NEESH and EM: you both need a DVR!
P.S. And Carol, you would be a good laugher at a movie. And Jana, I totally understand the getting away thing, but when you're empty nesters, not so much need anymore!
When I am in my fabulous fifties, I am sure I will not feel the need to get out on the town anymore, and will enjoy my dvr even more than I do now! You are cute auntie!
Yes, neesh, you do need one! and you are cute too!
Post a Comment