Tuesday, June 30, 2009

so I think I can dance

Sending out a formal warning to the dance world that Teresa, Anna, Michele and I have begun tapping our way into the history books. Last night was our first tap lesson with teacher Tami.

Here's how it all came down:

1. bought my new tap shoes


2. and my new tap shoe key chain (essential)

3. went to class and quickly became a human waterfall of perspiration

4. followed up with a hot fudge sundae with the girls

I'm pretty much a professional dancer now but I'll keep going every week anyway.

9 comments:

Nicea said...

If you already have the essential tap key chain, then I'm assuming you already picked up the essential tap clothes as well. I'm thinking something on the theme of "On the Good Ship Lollipop." Pictures please.

P.S. Don't slip while wearing your tap shoes. Those suckers can. bring. you. down. in a mighty hurry.

Anna said...

I, a fellow dancer, can testify that this post is entirely true. We're all just glad that Shawn is going to still come every week as an inspiration to the rest of us.

Nicea said...

I wasn't going to comment again, but when I saw the WV, I decided it was meant to be: ducidu. That's the tap equivalent of square dancing's doe-see-doe (made-up spelling, because I'm not sure how it's really spellled. Disconcerting how I USED to be able spell anything with 100%accuracy. Not nee moe. But I can still get a 97%.)

Nicea said...

And I still wear very large glasses.

Jaime Escalante said...

LOL

Shawn said...

Did you know that ducidu really IS the tap equivalent to doe-see-doe? I didn't either until I started taking lessons! :)

Brittani said...

I love the keychain!

Nicea said...

Shawnie, you're joshin' me, right?

TerriRuth said...

Umm.WE CAN DANCE!!! The keychain IS PROOF!! They do not sell them to ANYONE! Yay for September! It better cool off by then!