Yesterday I was looking for something in one of my old jounals and after I started reading, I could hardly put it down, but company was coming for the 4th of July so I had to.
So I picked it up again today and just had to share a couple of gems:
From August 29, 1988
"Greg is now 32 and I am 31. We both celebrated our birthdays this past week and we don't seem any different." (Ummmm...huh?!)
From November 7, 1990
"Jamie just came to me and asked if I would please change her name to Cindy Ranae Glenn. She was quite disappointed when I said no." (she was 7 yrs old)
From September 13, 1992 (about 2 weeks after Greg was put in as the Bishop of our ward)
"Loren said something cute tonight--he's only 3 years old. He wanted some applesauce and I told him I didn't want to get it for him because I was tired and I had been getting up and getting stuff for him all evening. So he says, 'Dad, will you get me some applesauce?' There was no answer so a few seconds later he says, 'Bishop, will you get me some applesauce?'"
And now a more current quote from my pretend granddaughter, Ella. This happened during Sacrament meeting on Father's Day. Greg was sitting on the stand and Ella was sitting with me.
She drew a picture of a man, in her 4-year-old way, and put two dots in the chest area. She leans over to me and says, "This is Brother Glenn with mipples." Mipples is her word for nipples.
Enjoy those kids and grandkids! They say the darndest things! And make sure you keep recording them because you WILL forget.
Trust me.
8 comments:
ooh, i got some good laughs from this! i'm so glad you wrote these down and i hope you find more gems to share! i'm trying to keep track of funny things ally says, but man! that girl talks SO MUCH and SO FAST. maybe i need a tape recorder instead of a pen.
Sherry, definitely do whatever you can cuz you will love it even more when you get older--I had so much fun reading!
That was a great post with funny stuff. I love to relive those funny things the kids say! I wrote all my kids' quotes in a plain old spiral notebook that I kept in my kitchen pantry, so it was ready at a moment's notice. I'm glad I did. We've had some good laughs and some sweet memories.
Neesh--hope you're writing down some of the things Max is saying this summer too. He comes up with some great ones.
How funny! You are such a hoot!! I think you inspired me to write in a journal!
I love Ella, she is so cute. Natalie has some interesting thoughts that coming spilling out now that she's learning to talk...I'll have to write them down : ) (This is Jackie Wright from the ward)
Jackie--yes, definitely write them down cuz you will love it later!
And Jana, I've missed you. Hope all is well. xox
I miss me too, but I still can't get my pics to download? :( Sorry! Come here and help me!!
Post a Comment