Friday, July 31, 2009

I thought my truckin' days wuz over...



...but HAIL* no! Come last Monday, my plan for the next two weeks changed from no plan, to drivin' 'cross the country to help Tanner and Autumn move to Georgia.

So Thursday morning I hopped a plane to SLC, got picked up by Autumn and we were in Nebraska that night along with Tanner, a Budget moving truck and the Dark Night (their car). Spontaneous is my middle name. Well, it should be.




Holy Heartland, batman! I need to move here. Tonight we are in Iowa across the river from Nauvoo and I gotta tell you, I could live here. Yes I could. Tomorrow we will spend the day touring Nauvoo. Looking forward to that. And to not driving.



The picture quality is poor but it's the best I could get while driving my rig and trying to take pictures through the bug splattered window at the same time. Did a little swerving. It is so much prettier than this. You MUST see America's heartland. Cornfield after cornfield and rolling green hills and lavendar, yellow, and white wildflowers along the freeway. Red barns and silver grain silos and beautiful farmhouses.



Also while driving my rig, I did a little more swerving cuz I was trying to find where the switch was for the headlights but then I took my sunglasses off and realized I didn't need the headlights yet so that was good.



My needs are few: I want to retire in a crisp white farmhouse with a covered wraparound porch and a red barn set amidst green fields so I can sit on my porch and watch sunrises and sunsets and see beautiful shades of green and gold all around me. And fireflies at night.



And I want all my friends and family around me.

Look how close we were to Loren! He's in the Minneapolis Mission! We were passing through Des Moines when we saw this sign. We waved and said hello. I'm not sure if he heard us.



Speaking of Des Moines, I put french dressing on my salad while eating there, and I was wondering if that's somewhat close to being in Paris? Jamie says not unless you're wearing your beret, which I happened to forget.


Hopefully I'll be able to get some better pictures over the next few days when we're not in so much of a hurry.




*excuse my trucker language

7 comments:

Nicea said...

I just have four things to say to you:

1. Watch your mouth. I didn't raise you to talk like that. Actually I didn't raise you. Oh, well.

2. LOL.

3. So, buy a house in the heartland. If you build it, we will come.

WV: flypzt - It's what you do when you're in a hurry like you guys are: You're driving so fast that you *flypzt* all the good scenery, which is better than I did last time we crossed Iowa. It was night, Fred drove that shift, I slept. And missed the whole corn thing.

Shawn said...

Neesh--I heart you even more than I heart the heartland.

Shawn said...

P.S. It's not a swear word if you spell it like I did. It's just mild trucker language.

Kirsten said...

You can only move there if I can come to. I can't live without my Shawn fix. Then again, like Nicea says, if you build it we will come. So, uh... go the distance and ease his pain. I love that movie.

Jana Brookes said...

I must say, you are just such a wonderful supportive little mommy!! I love how you go help all your kids move all over the place, and you yell hello to ones that you are passing by! When ever we finally decide to move, I know who I'm callin'!! (As long as you don't use the trucker language around my girls) J/K :)

Jamie said...

I miss you!

And where's your trucker hat???

You're losing your edge.

TerriRuth said...

OK enough about YOUR family!! You have been gone FAR TOO MUCH!!! Do not say that fast...OK. "I" was not at all offended by your opening statement, you are funny!! Stay for a while will ya!!