If you find yourself on the California Zephyr #6 from CA to CO, there are so many things you can do.
AND if you get a sleeper roomette (it's only about 4x7; hence the "ette"), you can close your door, relax, read a book, watch a movie on your computer, sleep, eat and pretty much anything else you want. One thing you probably shouldn't try, though, is fitting two people in the roomette, unless you are NOT claustrophobic and you LOVE crowds of two.
AND the last thing you can do is be really happy relaxing in car #361, roomette #4 while waiting to arrive in CO to get that grandbaby out of your daughter.
Of course you should have a pregnant daughter if you're going to try that.
13 comments:
I am so glad you get to be there for the birth!! Good luck on getting that baby out!
that looks really, really fun!
Yay!! Thanks for posting the pictures. I desperately wanted to see the "roomette" and I did not want to book a trip just to satisfy my curiousity. Good Luck getting the grandbaby out of your daughter. What a great experience!!
I just gotta chuckle at your interesting and creative posts. And what great pictures!! At approximately what time did your train pass through Provo? Because we can hear the 5:00 a.m.-ish train whistle way out here in Orem and I thought of you in your roomette.
You are going to have a great time! Have sooo much fun with your daughter and new grandbaby!!!
Way too fun! Looks like a beautiful adventure. And the pic of you is too cute. New glasses? Have fun with the new babe!
woohooo! go git that grandbaby!
Yeah, mom, get this grandbaby out of me. It's go time! Hehehe.
Amen Jamie!
We are circling in a'hold' pattern... so what are you waiting for Grandma Shawn, lets get this long awaited show on the road!
(Kevin predicts Sunday would be a good birthday:*)
*Your roomette looked like the perfect way to travel:)
Darn, I'm missing the daughter. And the husband to help give me said daughter. Have fun! And I'm jealous of your train travel. It's not the fastest way to get there, but it can be relaxing. And I like the idea of the roomette - I just might have to do that next time I take the Zephyr.
Nicea, from previous experience on the Zephyr, that 5 o'clock train is the one she's on. I got there and had to call and wake up my brother to come get me. At least they have a nice little stop now, which is heated if you push the button. Much better than the old sidewalk-only platform they used to have.
I've always wanted to try going by train, but don't know what the cost is. Or if it's very kid friendly. I don't imagine that it is. I guess I'll wait until one of my daughters is having a baby and then I'll try it. Hopefully that's not for a LONG LONG time though! :) You look like you are having tons o' fun!
Can't wait to hear all about your new grandbaby!
Shawn--oh wow I would love to go next time--well Mike too and we could get the two rooms next to you and we could knock on the wall to say hi, etc. I love your blog and hope that you have a wonderful time....we are here in Phoenix to go through the Mesa temple with Zach!! And see my nephew get married and go to my 90 year old auntie's birthday party!!! Have a wonderful time!!From Cathy
Post a Comment