Sunday, February 14, 2010

just in the nick of time

Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me and tells me all kinds of reasons why I'm not a very good person.

This craziness happens mostly at night and it should be my signal to go to bed and go to sleep. But at times the signal eludes me and I stay up wrestling with the negative thinking.

Does this happen to you? I know. I have issues. You probably don't.

This occurred last night for no apparent reason. It had been a really good day. But around 10 pm, the negative downward spiral (sounds like a yoga move) forced itself into my brain.

Finally, beaten down enough, I decided to trudge up the stairs and put this bag of highly padded bones to bed.

And JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME look what I found on that bed.



And this was inside:



I wasn't expecting a card because we had already bought a laptop to replace my 13-month old one that died Wednesday. (The new one is RED! Is that cool for Valentine's Day or what?) And he had already taken me out to a nice dinner.

But it was the unexpected timing of a mushy card that sent me to bed with a smile on my face.

Thanks hubs. I needed that and didn't even know it.

The card says he loves me for the very person that I am.

Surely he can't be serious.

Cuz I have issues.

5 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

how sweet! we all love you for the person you are! glad it was a good day. and yeah for new laptops! now you can blog about your grandson when he comes and you are helping take care of him!

Jamie said...

Ditto. You are such a wonderful person. I hope to be just like you when I grow up :)

abbyjane said...

heavily padded pile of bones. i can't stop laughing.

Nicea said...

Oh, that is soooo sweet! You got a good man, doncha know.

But I'm pretty sure a negative downward spiral, just for the record, is a figure skating move, not a yoga move. Geez, girl! Learn your sports.

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day

TerriRuth said...

I think HE has a great wife too. I was listening to his talk Sunday and had confirmation of why he is married to you!! He is wonderful... ALMOST as wonderful as you are. Happy Valentine's Day my dear friend ( who as abandoned me yet again for family :-D )