Sunday, February 28, 2010

Unkie Dunkie & Auntie Liz pay a visit


Consequently, Mikey learns about the circle of life

Wish you could have seen the two of them fighting over this child. It was so cute.

"I wanna hold him."

"No, it's my turn."

"You've had him long enough."

"He wants me."

"Let's go help change his diaper."

Yep. They even wanted to do that!

What a fun day we had. Jamie mixed up the buttermilk batter and Kevin and I made waffles and pancakes Greg Glenn style for breakfast. After church Duncan and Liz made us some rockin' quesadillas and then later Kevin made us some wowzer yowzer pork burritos Cafe Rio style.

Yep. Mexican food twice in one day.

I showed off my amazing culinary skills with no bake cookies in honor of Duncan's birthday which is tomorrow. Only problem was that I left out the peanut butter so I melted some in the microwave and put it in at the end but they were still really crumbly so I had to form them into balls instead of just dropping them on the wax paper. I checked my recipe and it turns out I left out the butter too--a whole cube. They tasted pretty good but it wasn't long before we were calling them our no bake rocks. Liz tried to break one in half and bits and pieces went flying all over the kitchen.

I tell you. I am nothing if I'm not a wiz in the kitchen.

10 comments:

Nicea said...

This TOTALLY cracked me up!

Sherry Carpet said...

mmm, rock cookies. here's what i would do: pretend they were gross for about an hour, until they were really good and hard. then after everyone was in bed i'd squirrel them away in the closet and break several of my teeth in my hurry to suck the chocolate out.

because they sound pretty good.

Natalie said...

Oh Shawn! I can't wait to meet you either! Is it possible that I could be adopted into the Stimpson sisterhood so that I too could be hysterically funny?

Jana Brookes said...

i wish i was there to fight over the baby too!! i might not fight over changing the diaper though. i'm good on that one. besides, i wouldn't know what to do with a boy right?!!
i'm so jealous that you got to have mexican twice in one day.
does grandpa greg get to come out and see the little tyke anytime soon? oh, i guess when you take him back home with you, then greg will see him. poor jamie, what is she going to do to keep herself busy, while you have mikey?!!
hope you enjoy the rest of your rocks! maybe soak them in some milk. did you put a candle in them and sing dunc happy b-day?!! he doesn't need it anyway, he just went to stinkin' hawaii!!!

Jana Brookes said...

oh, and mikey looks pretty terrified of the circle of life bonding moment with unkie dunkie!! such a funny uncle! and such a cute baby!!!

annie said...

hahahhaaaa!

i wish i had something clever to say, but i try to save my witticisms for classes that stare dumbly back at me.

sigh

Carol Joy said...

Wow, that's an amazing video! I love it. Clearly ya'll had TONS of fun. Good for you!

Beth at Aunties said...

Hey Uncle Dunkie...he is only a week old...barely! He did look scared.
Oh my, Mikey is in for a ride being born into our families. Hey Shawn, thanks for making US the delicious Chocolate chippers ~ They were really nummy!

Shawn said...

Natalie--consider yourself adopted!

abbyjane said...

make sure everyone who changes the diaper know to put a wipey over 'it.' it will save many things including, but limited to, lives and the use of curse words.