Thursday, March 18, 2010

found some spring in my yard and then I LOST ALL CONTROL and BAKED from SCRATCH

It's been warm all week.

Got up to 77 deFABULOUSgrees yesterday.


Supposed to be the same today.


poppy seed bread that tastes way more like cake (mmm, mmmm, mmmmm)

Greg and I only ate one loaf and gave the rest away--well, mostly I ate one loaf because he's more of a salty guy--the good news is that I didn't do it all in one sitting


12 comments:

Meg said...

Mmmmm! Recipe please!

annie said...

mmmm dah-licioussssss!

Nicea said...

Such pretty pictures. This blog is starting to look really professional. She gardens. She cooks. She delivers babies. Well, kinda. You'd better watch out or you might end up with a thousand followers.

Shawn said...

You can find the recipe for the poppy seed breadhere

JCW said...

I was hoping Jesus would be a salt person, so am I... Phew!

Beth at Aunties said...

Yum! These look wonderful. I am thinking like Necia...she bakes. She gardens, She delivers babies and then she spoils/loves em with the best of them! :-)

abbyjane said...

when you use fabulous like that it almost sounds like you are taking the 'fab' out. it scared me a little bit.

Jana Brookes said...

pretty flowers in your yard! glad someone is enjoying spring. it rained here today, and i keep checking the gardening section at walmart for hanging flower baskets and there are none yet. boo!!
the bread looks delicious. i would have probably ate most of it too. i can't resist bread, or mexican!
i like your towels on the counter. are they a cover up for your counters for now?

Chelan said...

That's some good looking bread! Looks like it belongs in a Mrtha Stewart magazine!

Jamie said...

That does it! I'm coming to California. I demand that when I arrive, you make the weather in the 70s again. And spoil my baby. That second one should be easy :)

Kirsten said...

I need to live closer to you. Oh wait, the poppy seed bread wouldn't go with my diet. Darn.

granbeth said...

The poppy seed cake was wonderful. Thank you for sharing. I just love spring and can't stop taking pictures. Getting ready for olallieberries in about 6 weeks. Can't wait. I'll try to get by with some for you and Greg.