Monday, June 21, 2010

"don't mess up...don't mess up...don't mess up"

Since most of you couldn't make it hundreds or even tens of miles to witness my tap dance debut (thank you) which took place in front of MILLIONS of paying customers (or a hundred-ish) Friday and Saturday last, I am providing this free video clip. People paid $13 a pop to see this stuff so consider yourself treated. (Well, mostly they paid to see their little girls dance in the same show as us, but whatever.)


I'm the one in the black tap shoes with the red vest.




After mere days, and by that I mean months, of practice I was able to get through a 3 minute dance with only a minor mistake or two. Lucky for you I cut the video down to a little over a minute.


Afterwards I broke out in a full body sweat from the trauma of it all. Not kidding.


Oh the things I will do in the name of strengthening heart and mind.

And here are the three cuties in my ward who also danced.

13 comments:

Kevin said...

I'm speechless....but I now have an odd craving for popcorn.

Liz G said...

So sad we missed this! I love it. Those popcorn boxes do a great job of solving the age old problem of what to do with your hands when you're tap dancing. :) So great!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

You are amazing!

Nicea said...

THIS MADE MY WEEK!!!!! I AM CRACKING UP AND AM TOTALLY AMUSED!!! WAY TO GO! But why did you deprive us of the last half? I was just getting my shuffle-ball-change on? Oh, and about what to do with your hands while tap dancing: popcorn boxes? Brilliant. I, for one, would need to focus entirely on my feet. And on staying upright.

Em said...

AWESOME!!! My Mom just told me that you agreed to house a few herrick's in August during the Jenny/Ford wedding. Thank you! I am so excited to have the privledge in staying in your beautifully decorated abode and at the same time completely terrified to have my 3 crazy kids there with me. At least I have a couple months to try and whip them into shape. Thanks so much. Can't wait to visit and learn all your secrets. :o)

Jamie said...

I literally giggled through the whole thing! You can ask Kevin. You did such an awesome job, Mom. Of course, after watching you practice, I would have expected no less! I agree with Nicea. Made my week!

Nicea said...

@Jaime: I would like to have been there to witness the practices like you did. Maybe The Prof. and I can get a private showing when she's here for the Fourth of July. :)

@Shawn: Just had to revisit and rewatch. Belly chuckles. AWESOME!

abbyjane said...

i found you! it wasn't hard. i just looked for the lady who looks just like my mom.

Jana Brookes said...

love it!! i was nice to have this to watch after a very long hard couple of days!! you are so cute, shawnee. i can totally tell who you are. aren't you the tallest one? what is this all about anyway?

Dustin and Laura said...

How great! Love the pictures of my nieces, they're so cute!

Anna said...

Nice...I make one mistake and it just happens to be in the one-minute clip you put on your blog?! Great post-you crack me up.

annie said...

e-gad woman, that was fantastic! i suddenly have the urge to break out my old tap shoes.

Kirsten said...

I love those three little girls at the end!