Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the good days are still winning

Greg's sister, Lisa, her husband, Blair, and three of their kiddos, Chad, Cami and Devin, came to visit and we all went to Yosemite.

We stayed in this cute cabin in the woods.
Which had a few of these guys running around it.

The best winter snowfall in years produced the most magnificent waterfalls we have ever seen in our four trips there.

Spectacular, incredible and amazing half dome is still there.
Did I mention waterfalls?

The huge sequoias are still there too.

And some cool snow plant.

breathtaking scenery (besides Lisa and me--hardy har har)
And a perfect snapshot of the fatigue of vacationing.
How quickly they recuperated after a long drive to our house and wanted to spend a day at the beach the very next day. Believe it or not...I actually determined it would be easier to stay home from the beach and cook for them. So I did. And it was.

On Sunday morning Blair, our brother-in-law, came downstairs and the two of us had a nice chat. I asked him how he was doing and he said something like, "You know. There are good days and bad days in life. But the good days are still winning."

I liked that.

10 comments:

Brittani said...

I hope the good days always win!

Jana Brookes said...

I haven't been to Yosemite in I don't know how long. I always want to go every march. I'm surprised you haven't been more with all the traveling you do! Looks like so much fun!
I would have to say the good days are not winning here, not til I GET THIS BABY OUTTTTTA ME!!!!!

annie said...

i like that too. well said, blair.

jana - i hear pedicures can aid in inducing labor. or so i was told by my friend who's due this week when i went to get one with her.

Nicea said...

Beautiful scenery. In all its forms! Hardy har har har. You take 'em good photos, sissy.

Jana - Annie's same friend said massages, facials and manicures make good baby inducers, too. Think she was milkin' it just a little?

Jamie said...

How fun! I'm jealous. Nice post, Mamasita.

Em said...

Yea, I'm glad to see you back. I've missed your posts few and far between (like I can talk). Can't wait to visit in aug. when we're out for trevor and jesse's wedding!
don't you just LOVE Yosemite? Aaahhh.

Natalie said...

Agreed! The good days are still winning....by a long shot. Hey, maybe next year I can take my adopted Stimpson sisters to my brothers Condo in Cabo. Best of both worlds - and LOTS of good days!!!

Beth at Aunties said...

I too liked Blair's comment...Let the good continue to win!
Yosemite looks beautiful!
We see our baby in just 1 week! I miss him and all of his cuteness! I will kiss him for you.:)

Sherry Carpet said...

great words to live by! i love that so much.

Jana Brookes said...

i had a pedi about a month ago. that's how LONG ago I really wanted her out of me!! i think it's time for another one!!