Thursday, July 31, 2014

So much for that plan...

     It looks like the business we were going to do kinda fell through for the time being because the company we were going to be in cahoots with backed out.  I was a little disappointed at first but I'm okay now.  Since then I've gotten back into a creative mode and have been creating and sewing a little.  So far I've ordered some fabric.  And then I ordered some more fabric.  And then some more.  BUT, I actually made three things!  In the past week I've finished a small quilt and designed and made two toddler skirts.  Here're some pictures.

 This was just a quick and easy quilt made from a
 "layer cake" and quilted on my machine.  The fabric is called Little Ark. It
ain't perfect but neither am I, so we match.  


 This skirt is reversible.  Two skirts in one!  (Still have a couple of finishing touches to do.)
 This is designer fabric called Nordika from Jeni Baker.
 I might have to add this or a different trim because I realized the selvage 
edge of the fabric shows underneath there :{

And here's the other skirt, made from 3 fat quarters that I got for $1.25 each at the local fabric store.  

1 comment:

Liz G said...

Love those skirts!! Hoping one might be headed to a cute little girl I know? :)