Saturday, February 28, 2009

American Canyon Woman Considers Law Suit

Citing unfair practices in a pre-family reunion contest loosely patterned after the popular tv reality show "The Biggest Loser", an American Canyon woman is considering suing her own family. S. Glenn (sources would not reveal her first name) feels she is being discriminated against in said contest by being asked to submit to rules impossible to incorporate into her life. Says Glenn, "I'm pretty sure other members of my family are not being asked to give up as much as I am."

A point sheet for healthy living was distributed via email to all participating members of the family. One point was given for each of several categories, including eating fruits and vegetables, exercising 30 minutes, eliminating caffeine drinks, eliminating sweets, taking a vitamin, etc.

When asked specifically why she felt she was being treated unfairly, Glenn responded...

"No one else had girl scout cookies delivered this week."

The case could be filed as early as next week.

18 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

True, I did not get girl scout cookies delivered to me, but I do work at a grocery store where .50 candy bars stare me in the face for eight hours, begging me to buy them! How fair is that? Not to mention the EASTER CANDY the is just few isles away. WHAT IS A GIRL TO DO? Probably not going to win the contest. I still have to send in my money anyway. It won't be postmarked by march 1st, but isn't the 2nd close enough?
On the plus side, we did have our treadmill delivered tonight! So, happy running to me! I haven't gotten any exercise points this week, cause I've been waiting for the treadmill to come.
PLEASE DON'T SUE US!!! We love ya!

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

I dont think this law suit will go far. Considering the American Canyon woman deep down inside wants to participate. She just has cold feet right now but a big, warm, teddy bear heart. YUMMMM..... Girl Scout cookies! Send them my way I dont mind missing one point on the sweet part for a yummy cookie in my mouth.. its been a week. Oh wait! No I will not eat cookies! ;) hee hee

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

Better not sue me, I know where you live.

By the way, when your done can I borrow your lawyer... I need to sue the church for making me fast. One third of a day isn't enough time to chug 64 oz of water. It's just not fair, in fact it's cruel and unusual.

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

Edit your with you're. I'm sure it is bugging all of you as much as it is me.

w.v.- Wareo. (War-e-o) Slang. The political situation in the Middle East.

Shawn said...

American Canyon woman has yet to gain a point for refraining from sweets. Some things just aren't worth it. I do have some exercise points and fruits and vegie points and the easiest one of all and, consequently, my favorite--the vitamin pill point!

Shawn said...

I would join you on the fasting lawsuit but instead I just started making up my own fasting rules. It's easier than a lawsuit.

annie said...

yeah i make up my own fasting rules, too. breakfast = 2 meals in my book (1st breakfast + second breakfast. a girl can learn a lot from hobbits)

does hobbit have one t or two?

annie said...

also, i might join your lawsuit. i gave up sweets AND caffeine, exercised, drank water, ate fruits and veggies, vitimin, etc etc, and GAINED weight. what the heck??!!

Nicea said...

Annie - That's enough to make a girl say what the hell. +

Nicea said...

I know a good lawyer.

Nicea said...

Annie - I'm glad you're learning from your bad hobbits.

WV - logies. Isn't that already a word? Does it mean what junior high kids say it means? Or is it loogies?

Meg said...

Hah! Too funny. Truthfully, I haven't really started yet but am planning to do so tomorrow, after we have our cherry cheesecake tonight! :)

Em said...

Reading these comments makes me wish I was part of the family- too funny! Good luck to all of you BL'S. I'm fighting my own battle with that right now, and might I add- loosing.
Which makes me think- When am I going to get those Girl Scout cookies that I ordered?

Jana Brookes said...

So true Princess C. Definitely not enough time to chug 64 oz of water!

Annie, I feel about the same as you. All this work, and no change. Dang it. I guess we better give it some time.

Shawn said...

Jana,Annie, Pricess--water and gum don't count against your fast. That's one of my rules. Who wants everyone to smell their fasting breath????

Em--you are as good as in the family cuz your parents stayed overnight at Nicea's house once. So you're adopted.

Annie--I haven't weighed yet but I only had one caffeine drink this week! I think I probably gained too because of the cookies. Hence, the lawsuit.

Megara--CHEESECAKE!!! Where? When?

annie said...

mom - you're hi-LAR-ious.

auntie - i don't count water, either. i have to take pills every mornin and i sure as hell aint' gonna dry swallow. also, sometimes they make me sick so i HAVE to eat.

yanna - i'm going to miss that easter candy! oh the cadbury mini-eggs! sweet sweet delight!

Anonymous said...

I just went out this morning and bought a scales but still haven't gotten on it to weight. I haven't really looked over all the email Nicea sent about the "contest" so I probally don't get to be included. I read in one of these comments that the money envelope had to be postmarked March 1st and my isn't but I bet I can draw good enough that I could forge a postmark and no one would know but then I'd get caught and then I would need Ms Glenn lawyer for mail (post office) fraud. Then I'd really be "The Biggest Loser". Would you bring me girl scout cookies to eat in my cell? I bet if I end up in jail for forging a March 1st postmark on my envelope I'd win for sure = I hear prison food probably is not that good, Jonny Cash told me. By the way I'm learning how to play "Walk the Line" (one verse only) on my guitar I got for Christmas and I wonder if my guitar teacher would come to my jail cell for my lessons. I'm way off the subject . . . . but what's new?

Nicea said...

Coy: You can still participate. Don't bother forging the postmark.

Everyone else (except Jaime Escalante, whose money I have already received) please remember to send your check. Remember, I'll be cashing them and will give you back $20 at the reunion if you make your goal! Something to look forward to.

Annie - Watch your mouth. I raised you better than that.

Shawn - I'm still laughing about your favorite point: vitamin pill. It's a funny post.