After driving 40 minutes or so to Sonoma with some friends to have our favorite taco salad, I came home and just sat around pondering.
Here's mostly what I'm pondering: if they don't have this in heaven...
Maybe I shouldn't worry about whether or not I'll make it until I find out for sure. Maybe I should just let the ol' mercy/justice thing run it's course and see what happens. You know, throw caution to the wind and all that. Do a little eatin', drinkin' and bein' merry. Sow a little wild oatmeal.
Question: could the road to heaven possibly be paved with beans and rice, chips and salsa? Because if there's even a remote chance, I AM ALL OVER THAT. I will try a little harder. Do a little more service. Be a little nicer. Go to Sunday school a little more often. Love my neighbor.
I think I'm done pondering now. It really takes a lot out of me, which is why I try not to do it that often. If you have any answers, please help.
Until then, I'm not making any promises about Sunday school.

11 comments:
Haahaaaa!! I haven't been to Sunday School in quite some time! Maybe I'll have to start going if that road is also paved with mango salsa...
oh i love you.
I hear ya, loud and clear. Last night we drove all over in search of a Chevy's and then waited for nearly 15 min. just to get a parking spot. Totally worth it for my favorite salsa in the whole world. (We don't have Chevy's anymore in Utah) Who knew I would marry a guy who served his mission in Mexico and and up LOVING mexican-ish food. :o)
Thoughts on pondering: Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.
That's all for now.
P.S. There are lots of perks to being a primary teacher, one of which is to get to miss Sunday School. And I mean that in only the most righteous way.
If they served chips and salsa in Sunday School, I might ask to be released from Primary. But that probably won't happen until women hold the Priesthood. And women will never hold the Priesthood because they'd be asked to give up tablecloths and centerpieces.
Hmmm. Tough one.
And one final note to any of my children reading this: DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT THINK THIS GIVES YOU LICENSE TO SKIP SUNDAY SCHOOL. I'VE ATTENDED IT FAITHFULLY FOR NEARLY 59 YEARS. PAY YOUR DUES AND WAIT YOUR TURN.
I'm just thinking out loud here.
I lied about "one final note." To Shawnie: You have lots of comments on this post.
You're welcome.
MMMMM...chips and salsa! Mexican food in general....mmmmmm!! I just drove about an hour tonight to meet up with two old college roommates and we had, what else, MEXICAN!! So delish!! I must be your niece or something?!
Not only are there beans in heaven they are magical beans. Their beans don't make you fart.
PS- I just spent a few minutes pondering if I'd rather go to a heaven with no beans or one with beans that make you fart. There's a conundrum.
Um...just a guess but if mexican food is hot and spicy I have a feeling I know where they'll be cookin' it...and it's not up with the angel food cake and french pastries! Hey, my verification work is "catedr"-and that's almost"catered". It's a little hint telling us not to worry, just do your best to get to heaven because you can always have it catered!
Post a Comment