I hope my friends don't mind that I stole this picture from their blog. These two precious little girls helped their mom make me a birthday cake and they put candles on it and sang happy birthday to me and everything! It was so fun! They even made me cards and drew pictures for me. They are so adorable. One time they were at our house for family home evening with their parents and the next Sunday the girls saw me at church in the hallway. They didn't know us very well but recognized me from the previous Monday when they were at our house. They both looked at me with their big eyes and said hi and then little Ella said, "Where's your Dad?", speaking of Greg! I don't even remember how I responded but I was cracking up inside. I told Greg about it later and he said, "Well, I guess I should be glad they didn't ask 'Where's your grandpa'!" Don't worry, honey. You only look one year older than me, I promise. And if I didn't color my hair I would look ten years older than you. Maybe I will have to adopt Mattie and Ella as my surrogate grandkids until my kids give me some of my own. No pressure, kids, I'm just sayin'.....I'll be ready! Unless I'm dead, but, like I said, no pressure. hee hee
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Fabulous Fifties Birthday
I hope my friends don't mind that I stole this picture from their blog. These two precious little girls helped their mom make me a birthday cake and they put candles on it and sang happy birthday to me and everything! It was so fun! They even made me cards and drew pictures for me. They are so adorable. One time they were at our house for family home evening with their parents and the next Sunday the girls saw me at church in the hallway. They didn't know us very well but recognized me from the previous Monday when they were at our house. They both looked at me with their big eyes and said hi and then little Ella said, "Where's your Dad?", speaking of Greg! I don't even remember how I responded but I was cracking up inside. I told Greg about it later and he said, "Well, I guess I should be glad they didn't ask 'Where's your grandpa'!" Don't worry, honey. You only look one year older than me, I promise. And if I didn't color my hair I would look ten years older than you. Maybe I will have to adopt Mattie and Ella as my surrogate grandkids until my kids give me some of my own. No pressure, kids, I'm just sayin'.....I'll be ready! Unless I'm dead, but, like I said, no pressure. hee hee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment