Thursday, August 21, 2008

I hear sisters trips are all the rage

Coy and I at the WWII Memorial with the Lincoln Memorial in the background. We soon turned around, ripped off our shoes and stuck our legs in that fountain/pond thing. That's what July in DC can do to you. We weren't the only ones though. I, however, may have been the only one to later get a rash on my legs that lasted a few days.
Can Mrs. Bush come out and play?
Nicea and I showing off our posture and fabulous fifties bodies at Gettysburg
When shopping in Intercourse, Pennsylvania make sure to take lots of rests. Amish Country was BEAUTIFUL!

9 comments:

abbyjane said...

Whew! Look at those hotties!

Sherry Carpet said...

i think i will start calling the sisters the 3 envies (as in, i am envious of your fabulousness). and now i get to follow your crazy-wild adventures around the country! i'm so glad you have a blog!

Jamie said...

I seem to remember pictures of you and me in front of that self-same Kitchen Kettle sign from 2 years ago. Fun times. And good kettle corn!

richard dandelion said...

Wow. Looks wicked fun. But I wonder: did you three have any good pizza on your trip? How about ice cream? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I would love to go to D.C. but I have to be careful what I wish for because I always wished I could visit Alaska and now here I am actually LIVING here. That must be why they say in the scriptures that you must watch your thoughts.. :) Too bad you guys didn't come visit Alaska when we were up here. We would love to see some friends!

Nicea said...

Sing it: Come fly with us...Oh, yeah, just so you know, the camera puts on 45 pounds.

Shawn said...

JT--Oh, I almost forgot! We had fabulous ice cream and outstanding pizza (I ate my whole pizza all by myself--hence the fabulous figure) with 3 wonderful people who live in Pennsylvania with the last name of Halverson. That was one of the highlights!

Sherry--We take after our niece and her mom in fabulousness.

Abby--takes one to know one

Leslie--watch those thoughts!

Jamie--you know I don't eat junk food! Hah! Nicea is right--it is the camera that puts on the weight.

Nicea said...

I just wanted to say something else good about Amish country and Gettysburg. I don't know what. Just something that expresses how amazing they were. It was fun to see Kitti, JT and Gracie, too. But they should move to a town. I can't get over that they live at a College Station. The trains must be really noisy at night.

richard dandelion said...

LOL, Nicea. Luckily we're a good 1500 miles from the Station here in good old State College! :-) [You were just testing me, though, right?)

And don't let Shawn fool you. It was a really small, really tasty pizza. It was great having you three. Come again!