Friday, September 12, 2008

Grow old or dye

I believe in being honest, true......and in doing good to all (well, most) men. The above picture is not a rat with part of an ear. Neither is the one below. Above is my head with my WHITE/GREY roots showing before my dye job today. Below is me getting rid of 'em.
I get to sit like this for a good hour as other clients walk in and out. Does the camera add ten pounds to one's nose too? My favorite part is when Erika, my hairdresser who used to be the only one who knew for sure, washes my hair and massages my head. It is like heaven. I know because I've been there. I'm sure she thought I was quite peculiar when I asked her to take my picture. Whatever.......I think she already does think I'm peculiar cuz one day when she asked if I was a Mormon and I said yes, her reaction was something like "Hmm."

8 comments:

richard dandelion said...

Wait... you're a Mormon!? I thought Mormons couldn't dye their hair. Or wear it in a cute spiky manner. Or be massaged by anyone but their sister-wives.

Are you sure you're a Mormon?

Shawn said...

I'm blazing new trails.

Sherry Carpet said...

or shave their beards. oops, that counts me out.

richard dandelion said...

Well, blaze away. As long as you don't start drinking Diet Coke, I'm sure your brother-of-Satan God will let you into heaven.

:-)

Shawn said...

Too late on the Diet Coke and you know it. I believe we've even shared a few together, have we not?

Nicea said...

Brothers and Sisters, I'd just like ta stand before you and bare my testimony about the truthfulness of Diet Coke.

Nicea said...

Richard, you're too funny.

Sherry, if we consider the odds, I'll probably be the first of everyone else in this family to pass on to the Great Beyond, and inasmuch as hair and fingernails continue to grow even after death, I hereby charge you with the responsibility of shaving MY beard right before the viewing. You may delegate this responsbility, but someone MUST do it or I'm not coming out in public.

Sherry Carpet said...

nicea, it gives me great pleasure and satisfaction to perform this service for others. you will be well taken care of, unless we pass on the same day, in which case i nominate lauren and abby to wield the golden tweezers.