Sunday, October 26, 2008

if you skip Relief Society, you just might miss a gem like this

Fresh from the RS archives in my ward (happened just last week):

The teacher stops during lesson and, pretty much in mid-sentence, says (in all seriousness) to young mom in front row:

"Are you glaring at me?"

Young mom (surprised): "Oh! No! I'm sorry. I'm just really tired."

Teacher: "Well, you should be. You have six little kids."

Teaching resumes.

I'm in charge of RS education.

I'm feeling pretty darn good about it.


P.S. You know how important it is to vote. Please vote on my poll (top right). Thanks!

9 comments:

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

Gulp....I cant wait to go to your RS. Please warn me about the women I shouldnt even look at. I wouldnt have a good excuse. Ummm...oh I think you DESERVE a laptop now. Its so fun sitting in bed blogging. I hope you get it. I wanted to vote like 100 times but i Chose The Right and voted once. -Aut

Jamie said...

Mom, your new title picture is so SEXY!!! Now I know where I get it... :)

Shawn said...

I wanted people to know that I wasn't always this big!

Meg said...

HAH! Was she an older lady? That is priceless!

Shawn said...

Megara--she's in her late 40s.

Nicea said...

Speaking of Relief Society, I found out yesterday that I have to teach our lesson this coming Sunday but I wasn't given a topic. At this time I would like to hijack your blog and ask everyone who reads it to give me some suggestions. I hope they all come back and check comments because I do.

Shawn said...

I think you should teach about Jesus. Or about glaring at people.

Shawn said...

You should probably hijack a more popular blog. I'm not bitter. Really I'm not. Really. Group hug.

Kirsten said...

At least you get comments