
…the biggest loser.
Sorry to break it to you lads and lasses but I have reason to believe I have surged into the lead in the weight loss category of the biggest loser contest and I’m one hundred and fifty percent sure you will not be able to match my numbers between now and June 7th.
Right before I left home I stepped onto our scale, which we keep in the garage, and I weighed a mere ONE HUNDRED AND NINETEEN POUNDS! It truly is a family reunion miracle and I want to thank everyone who has made this moment possible:
my children and children-in-law just for being such special people
my sisters, especially Nicea, for having the foresight to start a life-saving contest and allowing me to be a part of it
my husband for eating more than his share of the drumsticks
my many, many, MANY friends
my nieces and nephews for their genuine love and support during this incredibly emotional time
my parents for their tremendous contribution to the gene pool
Hold on a sec…Greg just walked in.
“Hey wifey, did I mention I ran over the scale again?”
Crap.
4 comments:
I so totally LOVE a family reunion miracle!
Hubby ran over the scale? So we don't get to keep all the thanks you generously effused at us before he came in and burst your bubble?
Yeah, crap is right.
WV: shboat - it's either a really quiet ship or a boatload of ship. (You thought *ship* was gonna be some other word, didn't you.)
This post just made my day!
My mom needs your email address...
LOVE IT! I was so in need of a smile today. For a sec. I was a little depressed. how I would love to be 119 again. Huh. Not in this life- well, at least not until I'm 90 and frail. Cute story anyway. Maybe Greg can run over my scale!
Darn it! Hate it when I get my bubble burst. You are still cute, anyway!
w.v. tryness- trying your hardest to weigh 119
Post a Comment