Monday, May 11, 2009

things I learned when I was a truck driver

make wide turns so you don't side swipe that many cars

while driving through Idaho, beware of flying potatoes coming from the backs of other trucks (not kidding)

remember: strong winds are not our friend

always honk when you see the universal trucker honk sign

know your axle number to determine whether to follow the speed limit for cars or trucks

find out what an axle is

stock up on caffeine

remember: more windshield = more bugs

remember: texting = swerving

remember: no cruise control = severe leg pain

make friends with other truckers unless they have weird shirts on

always document your trip as shown below


Jamie saying goodbye to Montana

Jamie at her new home in Grand Junction, CO

Jamie likey

Trucker mama and daughter outside the Gedicks weigh station

3 comments:

Nicea said...

That's a big Ten Four, good buddy.

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

Tanner and I were looking for a truck driver for our trip. It's a little longer Utah to Georgia but can we hire ya. :) You are funny! Loved the post and cant wait to see you today!

Em said...

So great! Somehow I have to figure out how to become adopted by the 'Glenn' family so I can make it on the pit-stop list! ;o)
Maybe someday I'll bump into you again at gardner's village.