Friday, August 29, 2008

Thank you Mr. Loader Man

I try to make myself walk at least a few mornings a week and sometimes I really have to force myself. Today I was rewarded for my diligence, or semi-diligence. As I was walking along the sidewalk on Wetlands Edge Road in my little Bay Area city of American Canyon, I was approaching a road construction area. All of a sudden to my delighted ears comes the following tune being sung at the top of his lungs by Mr. Loader Man.

"From the Halls of Montezuma
To the Shores of Tripoli
We fight our country's battles
In the air, on land and sea
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine."

There he was driving along on his Loader Man Tractor singing just as loud as you please. I could hear him above all the noise of his tractor and the other cars that were driving by. When I finished my walk I grabbed my camera and flew back there to see if I could get a picture of him because he just delighted me so much. I couldn't find him but at the same location was his Loader Man Buddy who only differed from him on two counts: My Mr. Loader Singer Man had a big grey beard and a blue Gilligan-style hat on. So I took a picture of his buddy instead just to give you a visual. To see him riding along on his big loader singing so loudly and proudly about the Marines really made my day. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a son or daughter serving somewhere for our country. I wish I could have talked to him. Thank you Mr. Loader Man for enjoying your job, for fixing our roads and especially for your patriotism!

4 comments:

Sherry Carpet said...

what a sweet morning story! i had a cheerful-singer-man appreciation moment this morning too, running an errand. the elderly greeter at the mall store was singing, 'oh, what a beautiful morning,' kind of bashfully. made me happy.

richard dandelion said...

Man, when i started reading the song lyrics, I was hoping for something really crude.

I guess Marine pride's okay, too.

Hoo-ah.

Kirsten said...

Semper fi! That's for my daddy, Vietnam vet! I'll have to tell him that story when he wakes from his nap.

Nicea said...

I agree, sweet story, Krista. Thanks for posting it, Shawn. Richard, you crack me up. Hoo-ah to yah, too.