
A few months ago I walked out my back door and, glancing left, saw that my beloved redwood tree had sprouted a humongous pinecone. What?! My tree had never done that before!

Upon closer (but not too close) examination, it was determined that it was merely a swarm of bees. I say merely, meaning MERELY. Calling on a few friends who know more about bees than I do (who doesn't?), I was told that when there are two queens in a hive, one leaves and the bees swarm around her to protect her. They stayed hanging here for two days and then when I came home from work at the end of the 2nd day, gone! No sign of them. I'm just glad THAT queen took off once she realized which queen belonged in my house.
5 comments:
THAT is so true! There is roon for only one queen. So glad we are back in touch! Some things never change!
Love you girl!
Debbi
That grosses me out. Insects should never be found in clumps!
Good thing I didn't find it. I would have thought it was a pinata, but the party would have been short lived....
I'm just thinking how good it is to be queen. :>)
Wow! That is really remarkable!
Post a Comment