Tuesday, September 23, 2008

letting my left hand know what my right hand doeth

Really, I'm not trying to toot my own horn. I just had to show my cute little baby hats that I learned how to make at camp. We made them for LDS Humanitarian Services and since it was so quick and easy (cuz I tend to get bored with long projects), I thought that maybe this was something I could do during tv watching time. Less guilt, you see. Mom tried to teach us to be "whilers"--to do something while we do something else. That's what she would always say when she plopped a load of laundry to fold in front of me while I was watching tv. I'm not that good at the "whiler" thing most of the time because I really do like to just veg. But sometimes the mood strikes me and then I feel like Mom would be proud.

6 comments:

Sherry Carpet said...

toot toot! why not?

i love these. they match the little booties my mum made for babies (of which i still have several pairs in a box for new family babes).

Lola said...

i'm always plopping a load of laundry down near eric as he's watching tv. let me tell you, he loves it! not so much, but he does it anyway...sucker.

Shawn said...

Love your comments, lovely neecies. I hate to even see what laundry would look like if Greg folded it. I think I'll just keep him in the kitchen where he belongs!

Krista, I can't believe she made so many! Guess she didn't get bored like I do. But I think I feel inspired now to go make another hat.

miss kitti said...

Great hats. The babies and their mommas will be so happy.

I loved keeping a hat on Grace, pretty much 24/7 for the first many months of her life. Maybe that's why she was bald for so long?

Jamie said...

I like the new blog background! Festive!

Kirsten said...

I am so far behind! I better get back to making them!