Sunday, May 31, 2009

meniscus tornitis mendicus

This crutch-laden woman lurking in the shadows of the Salt Lake Temple has since undergone surgery for a torn meniscus in her knee. What a trooper to come to Dunc's wedding and hobble around ALL day on a crutch to lend support to her family all while wondering what the heck was wrong with her knee. And I'm pretty sure she wasn't even strung out on pain meds either, although looking around I saw a few people who might have been. Just kidding. She is still planning to show up at my house on Tuesday, a mere 4 days after surgery, in preparation for yet another wedding and a family reunion.

Here's a better picture of her resting the knee and sitting with her apparently bored husband ("just bring the food already") and their beautiful third daughter (her name escapes me just now). JUST KIDDING AMANDA! (In Fred's defense, he was still suffering a little jet lag having just returned from Italy.)

Please pray for a speedy recovery for her so she will be able to shop with me and cook for me.

3 cheers for my sister, Nicea! Hip...Hip...

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Hooray!

Jana Brookes said...

Poor Nicea. Hope you are feeling okay to come for the wedding and reunion. I've been wondering if you had to have surgery. I guess I will be seeing you both in about a week then! Can't wait. Shawn, make sure you take care of that lady who lurks at the salt lake temple!

Sherry Carpet said...

that's a cute *skinny* lady!

Nicea said...

NEVER MISS A GOOD WEDDING, IF YOU CAN HELP IT. That's my mantra. At least lately.

Jaime: I like how you and your mom are so close that you finish each other's sentences.

Shawnie: You heard Jana. I'm coming and I hope you don't regret it.

Thank you, Sherry Carpet. You always have something nice to say.

Amanda Moore said...

Judging by that picture of me I might have been the one on pain killers! Yeesh!